Website Privacy Statement
We provide businesses with subscriptions to a variety of proprietary software-as-a-service application designed to simplify complex accounting including, without limitation, LeaseQuery, LeaseGuru and AROQuery (the “Software”). Users accessing our Sofware (“Users”) do so only on behalf of the businesses that have contractually agreed to the terms & conditions applicable to the applicable Software. We also maintain public websites under the domain name www.leasequery.com, www.leaseguru.com and www.materialaccounting.com (collectively, the “Public Websites”). Individuals accessing our Public Websites are referred to in this privacy statement as “Visitors.”
This privacy statement applies to LeaseQuery’s processing of personal information; provided, however, that with respect to any conflict between this privacy statement and the terms of any applicable subscription agreement or product-specific term and conditions between LeaseQuery and a client, the terms of such subscription agreement or product-specific terms shall govern. This privacy statement does not apply to LeaseQuery employees, contractors, or job applicants, or to information relating to such persons.
LeaseQuery, LLC acts as the controller of personal information described in this privacy statement, except to the extent that LeaseQuery acts on behalf of its clients in providing the Software. In the latter case, LeaseQuery acts as a processor and the client is the controller of personal information.
Select one of the links below to jump to the relevant section:
|Personal information we collect|
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from the following sources:
- Information About Visitors and Prospective Clients. Through our Public Websites, if voluntarily supplied to us by the Visitor we may collect the Visitor’s name and business contact information, including telephone number, email address, postal address and place of employment. As permitted by law, third party partners may also provide us with contact information of representatives of prospective clients.
- User Information. Through our Software, we collect business contact information about our clients’ Users, including their business email address (which is required to be used as the User’s username for the Software) and, at their election, their name, business telephone number and business postal address.
- Session Information. Through our Public Websites and Software, we may collect information about the Visitor’s or User’s activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to the Visitor’s use of our Public Website (which may include the website from which the visitor navigates to our Public Website) or the User’s use of our Software. This information may be collected using log files, session recordings, cookies and similar technologies.
- Lease Data. Relevant terms or provisions of our clients’ leases or the other source documents relating to financial reporting may be entered into the Software in the form of records. At the option of the client, a copy (typically in pdf) of the entire source document may also be uploaded into the Software and linked to the relevant record. These source documents may contain personal information, such as names, titles, and business contact information for, as examples, signatories or required recipients of legal notices.
- Correspondence. We may collect and retain records of any correspondence we have with Visitors and Users.
The legal bases on which we process personal information, to the extent applicable, are as follows: (1) In connection with performing our contracts with our customers; (2) in connection with complying with our legal obligations; (3) in pursuit of our legitimate business interests, such as, without limitation, the operation of our business, sales and marketing, prevention of fraud, and (4) compliance with our policies and legal obligations.
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we collect about Visitors and Users on our Public Websites and our Software:
- To improve and personalize their experience when they use our websites;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- For internal record keeping, administration of records and statistical analysis; and
- For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations.
In addition, we may use personal information about Visitors of our Public Websites and/or representatives of prospective clients:
- To contact them regarding any inquiry they make or to fulfill a request, such as a request for a demo or information about our Software or related services;
- To share with them an e-newsletter, blog entry or any other updates, communications or publications; and
- For direct marketing purposes (see “Direct Marketing” below).
We may also use personal information about Users of our Software:
- In connection with the performance of our services by, for example, verifying login credentials, delivering reminders of upcoming critical lease dates or other relevant days, monitoring compliance with the terms of the client’s subscription, maintaining and providing our clients with records of changes to records in the Software, providing support services, and informing Users of new features, functionalities or services; and
- To otherwise manage our business, for example, for billing purposes and to research user demographics and behavior to better understand and serve our clients.
Disclosures of the Personal Information We Collect
We may disclose personal information about Visitors and Users:
- With respect to Users, to our client on whose behalf the User accesses our Software;
- To our affiliates;
- To third parties engaged to help us run our business. These types of third parties may include service providers retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, including (without limitation) providers of administrative, infrastructure or other support services. These third parties may or may not be located within the United States. Portions of our services may be provided by organizations or individuals with which LeaseQuery has a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your personal information may be disclosed to them;
- To referral sources. If you are refrred by a third party to LeaseQuery for our services, we may share information with such third party in accordance with our business relationship with you and that third party;
- In response to a court order or a request for cooperation or other inquiry from a regulatory, law enforcement or other government agency;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend legal claims, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing, or compliance with our policies; and
- To purchasers and, subject to local legal requirements, prospective purchasers in the event that LeaseQuery disposes of, or considers the disposition of, any of its business or assets.
We do not make a practice of selling, sharing, trading or renting your personal information to others in ways that differ from what is disclosed within this policy, agreed to contractually by our clients or otherwise with their permission; provided, if you are referred by a third party to LeaseQuery for our services, we may share information with such third party in accordance with our business relationship with you and that third party.
We retain personal information for the period of time necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, in accordance with our internal retention policies and standards, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties, and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, text or such other methods as may become relevant.
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
Commitment to Security
We take efforts to protect the security and privacy of the information we receive via our websites. We maintain safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide via our website against unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Any suspected attempt to breach our policies and procedures, or to engage in any type of unauthorized action involving our information systems, may be regarded as potential criminal activity. Suspected computer mischief may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secure, and like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through our website.
Personal information subject to this privacy statement may be transferred to the U.S. To the extent applicable, we support transfers as needed with the European Standard Contractual Clauses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We may include web beacons or transparent GIF files on our websites and messages, which we would use in conjunction with cookies to help us manage our online advertising and measure its effectiveness, identify our users, and analyze traffic. Web beacons may also assist us with understanding which advertisements are most effective by notifying us if webpages, emails or ads have been viewed or clicked.
We may also use other technologies similar to cookies and web beacons such as tags and scripts. These technologies are used for similar purposes as cookies and web beacons. We and our third-party partners may also use these technologies to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these technologies.
Our website uses Google analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google analytics uses its own cookies to help us analyze how you and other users use our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (which may include your IP address, the internet browser and language you use, preferences, the date and hour of your access to the web page and the websites you access after visiting our website) will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, visit:
These websites and third-party ad networks are not controlled by LeaseQuery. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising; you will continue to receive generic ads that are not based on your specific interests.
How to Delete or Block Cookies at Any Time
You can manage cookies and similar technologies used on the Public Website at any time by clicking here.
You may delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions, or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some of the features on our website may not function properly. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that allows you notify websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, our website does not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
LeaseQuery may provide links on our website to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This policy applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies policies carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Our website is not intended for use by children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept any personal information from persons under the age of 18. Please do not use our website if you are under the age of 18.
To the extent required under applicable law, you may (1) request access to the personal information we maintain about you, (2) request to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, (3) request to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, (4) request to have personal information deleted, (5) request that we transmit personal information to another company; and (6) lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To the extent we have previously obtained your consent regarding the processing of your personal information, you may have a right to withdraw such consent at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will not necessarily bring changes or updates to your attention, so please revisit this page periodically to re-read this policy and to ensure you are aware of any changes when you visit the website.
Additional Notice for California Residents
This section of our Privacy Statement applies solely to California residents.
Information We Collect from California Residents. We describe the personal information we have collected in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement in the section titled, “Personal Information We Collect” The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, IP address, online identifier, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services considered;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information described in “Session Information,” “Cookies”, and “Analytics” above, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with LeaseQuery websites, applications, or advertisements;
- Audio information, such as call recordings (you will be notified at the beginning of a call if recording is occurring);
- Professional or employment-related information, such as the company you work for; and
- Inferences drawn from the personal information listed above, to create a profile reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the above categories of personal information either directly from you, automatically through your use of our Public Websites, or from third party partners who provide us with information.
Disclosure of California Information. Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed the information identified in all of the above categories (1)-(6) for a business purpose, including to our affiliates, service providers, and business partners. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see the section of this privacy statement titled “Disclosures of Personal Information”.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may permit you to request that we:
- Disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you, why we collected this information, and the categories of third parties with which we shared it.
- Delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights. Please note that, as required by applicable law, we may take steps to verify your identity before acting on your request to exercise any of the above rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. To request to exercise these rights, click here, call 1-866-486-5489, or contact us at email@example.com.
This website privacy statement was last updated on July 26, 2021.